Thursday, January 16, 2014

The weather is getting warmer

It is slowly getting warmer here, day by day.  Right now it is 74 degrees, with a high predicted of 78.  I actually pulled out our shorts and bathing suits.  It is still chilly at night, but I love it that way.




Last week I spilled wine all over one of the dining room cushions.  The cushions are already getting dingy and the foam is getting broken down.  So Bob and I drove to an upholstery shop and ordered new cushions and new covers.  (We will save what we can of the old ones to use when Alex is here so that I don't get panicky that he might spill something.)  The fabric will arrive next week.  Then we have to bring in the back parts which aren't so broken down and they will get them ready for us in two days.  That will be nice.


There are more repairs necessary to be done on Betsy.  Bob spent some time caulking some of the joints, but it is clear that the entire vehicle needs to be caulked.  There are also some areas that need to be bolted back together.  That is what happens with a 7 year old well used motor home.  We will probably wait until we get back to Portland to get the work done.


In the meantime, Bob is having some troubles with his left foot.  It is all swollen and he has sharp shooting pains in it.  It is not as bad today as it was yesterday.  I am trying to get him to go to the hospital, but he doesn't want to.  He has emailed our doc and we will see what he recommends.


Because bob's foot hurt so bad he sent me to the store to get slippers.  I got him some crocs and some slip-on slippers.  I have been trying to get him to use slip-ons for over 40 years and he keeps saying that they won't work.  But I bought them and he had to try them on.  Now guess what?  He loves them.  He just won't believe that I know what I am talking about. 


That is about it from here.  Time to get outside in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment