Thursday, December 12, 2013

Getting ready

We are getting ready very slowly.  the weather has finally warmed up enough that we filled the water in Betsy.  I opened the refrigerator and found that I had not cleaned it good enough when we came home last time and there was a light covering of mold.  so I cleaned that and we turned it on to get ready.  Today we will put on the bike rack and put up the bikes.  I will start going through my clothes to decide what to take.  I have put on a little weight, so I will have to try things on.  There are so many things to think about and to remember, but we have done this often enough that I think I can do it without too many lists.

Yesterday we had two young ladies come by who might be interested in house sitting for us.  They seem very neat and clean and that would be a load off our minds.  They will let me know today if they want to do this.

It does look like the weather window might actually work for us.  Fingers crossed. 

1 comment:

  1. We're looking forward to your arrival. Re your housesitters, someone told me recently that if you want to get an idea of how someone will take care of your house (renting or sitting), take a look inside their car when they visit. As they keep their car interior so will they keep your house! Glad Bob is better. We're at 68 degrees today! Ira & Cathie

    ReplyDelete